UCI Forum Signs Agreement with University of New Hampshire
Establishes SIP over IPv6 Pre-Certification Test Program for Members
SAN RAMON, Calif., July 23, 2013 – The Unified Communications Interoperability Forum (UCI Forum) today announced that it has signed an agreement with the University of New Hampshire’s InterOperability Laboratory (UNH-IOL) to develop SIP over IPv6 (SIPv6) test tools for the use of its members to establish a SIPv6 Test Network, a SIPv6 Interoperability Environment and a pre-certification suite for compliance to the US DoD SIP over IPv6 profile. Under the terms of the agreement, UNH-IOL will develop the SIPv6 software, documentation and provide pre-certification testing services for validating DoD UCR 2008 Change 3 requirements.
Benefits to UCI Forum members:
- Any UCI Forum member company that passes the UCI Forum SIPv6 DoD pre-certification test will have a high degree of confidence in passing the DoD UCR 2008 Change 3 test.
- UCI Forum members may schedule on-site SIPv6 testing to be run by UNH-IOL laboratory staff on UCI Forum member equipment that has been delivered to the laboratory by the UCI Forum member. At the conclusion of testing, an official laboratory report will be issued to the UCI Forum member.
- UCI Forum members have the option to install and operate a stand-alone version of the test environment within their own network to conduct the SIPv6 DoD pre-certification test.
- Access to a secure and remote IPv6 virtual network, scheduled on a booked reservation basis. Using this network, UCI Forum members may perform pre-certification testing for their internal testing purposes
- A SIPv6 interoperability environment where members can host their products in a secured and supported site where they may hold a virtual plug fest or to do their own interoperability testing while connected to the UCI Forum SIPv6 network.
“We are delighted to team with UNH-IOL to deliver this valuable interoperability testing service to our members. We selected UNH-IOL after an extensive search for labs because of their strong reputation for independent, vendor-neutral testing and years of experience,” said Matt Collier, president of UCI Forum. “We are providing our members access to the labs for interoperability testing, which helps simplify the process and streamline the resources required when seeking certifications like this.”
“The UCI Forum was founded with an aggressive goal of enabling interoperability of UC hardware and software across enterprises, service providers, and consumer clouds, as a means of protecting customer’s existing investments,” said Henry Dewing, Principal Analyst at Forrester Research. “The newly announced agreement with UNH-IOL is one more proof point that the forum is delivering on that promise. The industry as a whole is better able to meet business’ ever-increasing appetite for innovative solutions when working together to enable reliable communication and collaboration across network boundaries and among heterogeneous infrastructures.”
About the UNH-IOL
Founded in 1988, the UNH-IOL provides independent, broad-based interoperability and standards conformance testing for data, telecommunications and storage networking products and technologies. Combining extensive staff experience, standards bodies’ participation and a 32,000+ square foot facility, the UNH-IOL helps companies efficiently and cost effectively deliver products to the market. For more information, visit http://www.iol.unh.edu/, or connect with the UNH-IOL on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/UNHIOL, on Twitter at @UNH_IOL and on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/unh-interoperability-lab.
About the Unified Communications Interoperability Forum
The Unified Communications Interoperability Forum (UCI Forum) is a non-profit alliance of worldwide communications technology leaders working together to realize the potential of unified communications (UC) by increasing efficiency, decreasing implementation costs and improving the interoperability experience for UC customers. Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook or visit www.uciforum.org and the UCI Forum blog to learn more.
The UCI Forum is an open industry alliance that works with its members to fully leverage customers’ investments in communications systems and unite their global organizations. To learn more about the UCI Forum, please complete the online interest form.
© 2013 Unified Communications Interoperability Forum (UCI Forum). All rights reserved. The UCI Forum logo and UCI Forum are trademarks and/or service marks of the Unified Communications Interoperability Forum. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.